Let's Go Fishing Show expected to attract more than 8,000 people
The annual Let’s Go Fishing Show is “The Show for Fishermen” and is expected to attract more than 8,000 people to Collinsville’s Gateway Center over a three-day period this weekend, according to a press release.
This family-friendly event takes place Jan. 6-8.
Visitors to the show not only find a “fishing tackle superstore,” but can attend seminars and watch live demonstrations. Attendees will find a wide variety of fishing tackle, rods and reels and fishing boats. They will also find accessories such as trolling motors, depth finders and other fishing related products and services. Representatives from resorts and destinations will be there to help you plan a fishing trip to a nearby lake, Ozark retreat, charter fishing trip or a Canadian adventure.
Find that perfect boat after viewing many boats in one place and comparison shopping. Boating experts from Belleville Sport Sales, Boat Works, Cope Marine, Dupo Marine Center and VC Marine will be there to answer questions, personalize quotes and walk you through the options.
“Our free seminars are always very popular,” said Jamie Lane, Let’s Go Fishing Show producer. “This year, we have multiple nationally-known, major names from the fishing industry speaking such as ‘Mr. Crappie’ Wally Marshall, Kevin Rogers, Brandon Palaniuk, Coleton Jennings, Drew Benton, Mike Valentine, Kevin Jones, David Cox, Ron Bilbrey, Todd Huckabee, Jeff Faulkenberry, Steve Welch, Alan Corzine, Joel Drury, Kyle Schoenherr and that’s not all.”
Families can enjoy the free Cabela’s Fishing Pond, kids games, face painting, balloon clowns, a caricature artist, educational displays, a Fishing Simulator Game from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources and a Live Animal Exhibit from Treehouse Wildlife Center.
• Visit more than 120 exhibitor booths, who will be showcasing a wide variety of the latest and greatest in fishing gear.
• Everything you need to stock that tackle box for success.
• Boat dealers with the hottest fishing boats with dealer incentives.
• Free seminars on bass, crappie, trout, catfish, muskie and more.
• Cabela’s Free Fish Pond.
• Fishing Simulator from Illinois Department of Natural Resources.
• Plan your next fishing adventure with Resort Reps and Fishing Guides.
• Live Animal Exhibit from Treehouse Wildlife Center.
• Antique Lure Display and Free Appraisals by National Lure Collectors Club.
• Educational Displays and Live Demos.
• Fishing Buddy Beer & Wing Specials.
• Win prizes, including an All-Inclusive 4 Night Fishing Trip to Zup’s Fishing Resort & Canoe Outfitters.
All activities are included with admission. Tickets will be available at the door with regular prices of $7 for adults; $3.50 for ages 6-15; and free for children 5 and under. Seniors age 60 and above are $5 on Friday. Parking is free. The hours are 12 to 8 p.m. Jan. 6; 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Jan. 7; and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Jan. 8.
Gateway Center is located on Highway 157, just north of I-55/70, in Collinsville. For information and complete scheduling, call 800-289-2388 or visit letsgoshows.com.